Saturday, March 9, 2013

New Seat?

Well, 2 days ago a did a quick 30 mins on the trainer. Getting a little tired of it, wanted to be out on the road! Well I got my wish today, and more.

Today I took my bike in to Biketopia in Halls. Great little bike shop, and they helped me out a good bit. First, they loaned me a nice Selle Italia SL XC seat to try out for a few days.

I must say, it sure is nice! A lot nicer than the seat that came on my Trek. More freedom to move around on I, as well as staying where I choose. My old seat would like to slide me down into the middle of it, which would cause a fair bit of chaffing. Now I can feel my weight actually resting on my sit bones like its supposed to.

As well as fitting the test seat on the bike for me, they also set me up on a trainer and checked my seat height. Turns out, I was about 1 inch too low. Explains the knee pain I have been having. After the adjustment, my knees now feel more open, and like a lot less weight is riding on them directly as I pedal.

I was able to take it for a short 4 mile test spin after their adjustments, and boy what a difference it all made. Now I just need to come up with the cash to actually buy this seat. I am also currently working on a Jersey, and possible Bib shorts design for the tour. More to come with that later :)

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day. The temperature is supposed to hit a high of 67 degrees! I plan on doing a lap through Maynardville, and if I am feeling it, climbing the ridge. Only thing I am a little leery about is the cooler air. Todays quick ride triggered my asthma due to the cooler air at high speeds. I don't think I will ever be able to exercise outdoors during the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment