Sunday, March 10, 2013

First day back on the open road!

Well, today was my first day of really riding on the road, and already I am feeling great. Rode about 12 miles, averaged almost 12mph, and hit a top speed coming down off the ridge of 42mph! I managed to climb the ridge without taking a break. I was also able to climb the hill back home, average grade of 9.2%. Had to take a break half way up though, not quite up to it yet. I saw my heartrate spike at 192 bpm, and my average was at 170 bpm,. If I average out the 3 different calorie readings I got, I would say I burned between 800-900 calories. My cycleometer which watches my heartrate as well says I burned 1110 calories! Not sure how accurate that is. Overall, a really nice ride, and a good test for the different seat. Verdict is still out on it. Time for some chocolate milk recovery drink.

This morning I weighed myself at 220 Lbs. Going to reallllly watch my eating the rest of the day. Gotta get these pounds off not only for my health, but to be more comfortable, and faster on the bike.

A link to my ride report via Strava is below.

3-10-2013 12 mile ride

No comments:

Post a Comment